- Provided by the open source community at beagleboard.org, Beaglebone is low-cost, high-expansion hardware running full distros of a variety of Linux versions as well as Android.
- A perfect student project course alternative to microcontrollers for those wanting a student owned platform with extensive expansion capability.
- Many project code examples, videos and add-on hardware ‘capes' are available
- Applications include Industrial Automation, Retail Applications, Human Machine Interface, Barcode Scanner, patient monitoring, Autonomous robotics, Art installations, musical instruments
- Beagleboard-xM is a low-cost, fanless single-board computer for projects and teaching
- Providing 1GHz performance, 512MB RAM and a variety of peripherals for laptop like experience
- An open source hardware/software project with thousands of active participants, beagleboard.org provides excellent support and full distros of Linux varieties, Android and MS OS.
- Full course materials available for a 32 bit embedded Linux course as well as project starter materials for a amazing and innovative projects
- Applications include Portable Data Terminals, Navigation, Auto Infotainment, Gaming, Single board Computers, Autonomous robotics, Art installations, musical instruments
- Optimized for and tailored for digital audio, video, imaging, and vision applications.
- Platforms for advanced projects include general purpose processor, video accelerators, an optional DSP, and related peripherals with robust software development kits.
- Digital Video Development Platform (DVDP) simplifies development of digital video applications and is suitable for teaching.
- Applications include Digital Signage, Video Monitoring and Analytics, Medical Imaging, Video Communications, Video Infrastructure, Machine Vision
|university community||teaching repository||contact us||register|